Cuso International Ethiopia invites eligible bidders for the supply of Desktop Computers
INVITATION TO TENDER FOR SUPPLIES OF DESKTOP COMPUTERS
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP) OVERVIEW
Supplies of Desktop Computers
RFP Issued By:
Cuso International Country Program Office in Ethiopia
February 2, 2023
Countries and destination cities of delivery:
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Proposal Submission Date
February 16, 2023
Language of proposal:
The financial proposals must be submitted in English.
Instructions for Submission of Proposals: All proposals should be submitted to the Cuso International Country Program office in Ethiopia via the following address:
Cuso International Ethiopia Country Program Office, H & M Building, 7th Floor (Around 22 Mazoria, In Front of Blue Bird Hotel), Yeka S.C, Woreda. 08, H# New map No.D.03/2580/01/3585 Addis Ababa I Tel # 011 659 0698
Awards: It is anticipated that there will be one award. Issuance of this Request for Proposals does not constitute an award commitment on the part of Cuso International nor does it commit Cuso International to pay for costs incurred in the preparation and submission of a proposal.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Cuso International is an international cooperation and development organization that works to create economic and social opportunities for marginalized groups. Together with our partners, we are focused on efforts to advance gender equality and social inclusion, improve economic resilience, and deliver progress on climate action. We believe that by sharing skills, we can build better futures. Founded in 1961, Cuso International works in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Canada.
Wherever we work and in everything we do, Cuso International prioritizes the interests and needs of marginalized communities. We use the term “marginalized” to refer to all groups of persons excluded from mainstream social, economic, educational, political, and/or cultural life, including those who face discrimination on the basis of their gender, ethnicity, political opinions, legal status, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, and/or religion. Such marginalization varies by context. Marginalized groups usually include (but are not limited to) women and girls, Indigenous Peoples, people living with disabilities or in extreme poverty, youth, elderly, refugees, migrants and other displaced people.
Partnering with the Institute of International Education (IIE), Cuso International has been implementing a project called Promoting Greater Access to University for GIRLS ("U-GIRLS-2"). This project is funded by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs of Canada (GAC). U-GIRLS2 project aims to increase access to higher education for high school girls in Ethiopia by applying a holistic, multi-sectoral approach to empower girls and young women through quality education. The project targets seven secondary schools in Benishangul-Gumuz Regional State (BSG) and will support economically disadvantaged high school girls and high school girls with special needs. This initiative is the result of an intensive participatory design process led by Cuso International with its technical partner, the International Institute of Education (IIE), and local partners, including the Bureau of Education, Bureau of Women, Children and Youth, Bureau of Finance and Economic Development.
DELIVERY OF DESKTOP COMPUTERS
- The supplier will Deliver the Desktop Computers to the Cuso International Assosa field office, Assosa Town
- Please find below the selection criteria for bidders who must provide the information and include it in the bid document. Failure to provide all the information requested may invalidate the bid.
- Please provide the following information:
- Company Name, Address, Phone and fax, Contact person with email.
- Prices must be expressed in ETB
- Prices should include transportation to deliver to Cuso International Assosa Office.
- Prices should be quoted including taxes.
- Any discount offered to Cuso International must be clearly indicated.
LEAD AND DELIVERY DETAILS
- Terms of reference for execution will be negotiated with the successful supplier, with details of lead times and schedules
- The payment should be up on delivery of the materials
CONDITIONS OF TENDER
- Cuso International reserves the right to deal with any tender of its choice or any or all parts of the tender and to purchase items from various tenders.
- Cuso International is not bound to accept the lowest offer or any offer.
The winner of the contract will be an exclusive supplier unless unable to provide the required goods/services at the right time. In such cases, the second preferred supplier will be contacted, and so on.
- Prices quoted must be valid for the full 30 working days / one month and a half period.
- This request for tender is not a contract or an offer into a contract but is a request for a quotation for the goods/services indicated in this document. However, a contract will be established based on the tender decision.
- Cuso International is in no way responsible for any costs associated with preparing the tender response.
- Cuso International reserves the right to alter the dates of the tender timetable.
- Cuso International will inform each respondent of the tender of the decision on their offer through a letter of engagement if successful, or otherwise by email. Cuso International is not obliged to justify or explain selection to any respondent. Respondents are encouraged to contact
- Cuso International for any information required to submit a competitive bid.
TENDERS SUBMITTED MUST BE ACCOMPANIED WITH:
- Renewed business license for the year 2015 E.C. VAT | TIN registration certificate
- Company profile
- Evidence of past performance record on similar works and other relevant credentials
- Statement of Declaration in compliance with Cuso International Policies
Tenders must be submitted in two (2) sealed envelopes, bearing the bidder’s official seal, and clearly marked FINANCIAL “Original” and “Copy”, and must include the bidders’ name, and contact address, as well as the Tender title and Tender reference number.
The bidders shall submit a bid bond of ETB 50,000 in ETB in the form of CPO in the name of Cuso International.
Tenders must be submitted in the bid box prepared for this purpose at Cuso International, Ethiopia Country Office on February 16, 2023, before 12:00 A.M. (Morning Local Time).
Cuso International Ethiopian CO Committee will open tender responses on February 16, 2023. at its own discretion.
Cuso International reserves the right to accept or reject this bid, in part or entirety.
Click Here or the download button above to see the full tender notice