Cuso International Ethiopia: CALL FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICE FOR ORGANIZING AND DELIVERY OF U-GIRLS GRADUATION CEREMONY
CALL FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICE FOR ORGANIZING AND DELIVERY OF
U-GIRLS GRADUATION CEREMONY
1. REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP) OVERVIEW
- RFP No: T-CI-ET-2022-020
- RFP Title: Organizing and Delivery of Graduation Ceremony
- RFP Issued By: Cuso International - Ethiopia Office
- Issuance Date: October 7, 2022
- Proposal Submission Date: October 17, 2022
- Language of proposal: Technical and Financial Proposals must be submitted in English.
- Instructions for Submission of Proposals: All proposals should be submitted to the Cuso International Country Program office in Ethiopia via the following address:
Cuso International Ethiopia Country Program Office,
H & M Building, 7th Floor (Around 22 Mazoria, In Front of Blue Bird Hotel), Yeka S.C, Woreda. 08, H# New map No.D.03/2580/01/3585 Addis Ababa I Tel # 011 6 590698
Awards: It is anticipated that there will be one award. Issuance of this RFP does not constitute an award commitment on the part of Cuso International nor does it commit Cuso International to pay for costs incurred in the preparation and submission of a proposal.
2. TERMS OF REFERENCE
Cuso International is a developmental international organization working both in Canada and around the world, working to reduce poverty and inequality through the efforts of volunteers, partner organizations and donors. The Promoting Greater Access to University for GIRLS ("UGIRLS-2") project aims to increase access to higher education for high school girls in Ethiopia by applying a holistic, multi-sectoral approach to empower girls and young women through quality education. The project targets seven secondary schools in Benishangul-Gumuz Regional State (BSG) and will support economically disadvantaged high school girls and high school girls with special needs. This initiative is the result of an intensive participatory design process led by Cuso International with its technical partner, the International Institute of Education (IIE), and local partners, including the Bureau of Education, Bureau of Finance and Economic Development.
In collaboration of U-GIRLS2 Project partners, Cuso International would like to organize a colorful graduation ceremony for the first cohort of 131 high schoolgirls on Saturday November 26 in Assosa town, Benishangul Gumuz Regional State. The graduation ceremony will run in the morning of November 26 with a total of 700 guests (including 131 schoolgirls).
Theme of the Graduation: Educating a Girl is Educating a Nation.
Goal of the event: To raise awareness on the importance of girls’ education and supporting schoolgirls to access higher education program is a paramount for achieving social transformation in gender equality and social inclusion.
General Scope of the Assignment
- Develop detail event planning from end-to-end during (pre-event, during and post-event time)
- Work with Cuso team to drive the preparation of structure and content of the event
- Prepare mini exhibition to capture the journey of schoolgirls in U-GIRLS2 project
- Design and produce banners and graduation booklets and work with schoolgirls representatives to prepare for the graduation event
- Design and produce branded graduation rope or honor cord for the schoolgirls
- Work with Cuso team to organize catering services
- Responsible for the decoration of the graduation hall and the surrounding
- Responsible for sound system and visual displays of the on-going events including youth cultural Dance show
- Responsible to produce news release for multimedia and Invite media houses for coverage of the event for local news
- Responsible for the documentation of the whole event from the beginning to the end
- Responsible for master of ceremony (bi-lingual presenter both Amharic and English
- Plan of events and detail costs of the event from start to finish
- Sample of letters, invitation cards, graduation certificates, certificate of appreciation, etc
- Signed and sealed certificates for distribution
- Colorful graduation booklets and 30-40 pictures display mini exhibition
- Timetable of the events, banners, decoration materials for the main hall and the surrounding
- In collaboration with Cuso Team, prepare content of speeches for the event Final report of the event and copy of all audio-visual documentation
- 10-20 min edited audio-visual materials of the event for multi-media usage
- Other tasks / outputs which will be identified during the preparation stage will be incorporated
Consultant's Qualifications and Experience
Consulting Firm: -The consulting firm should have the following qualifications and experience to carry out the assignment:
- The company must produce event organizing and promoting license
- At least the core team of the company are graduated in field of communication, journalism, media and other related field and they have to be bilingual (Amharic and English)
- At least three years’ experience in event organizations for large group people, most of whom are VIP / higher government officials
- Present minimum of two high-end-events testimonials / documentation and show their product in social media from past events
- Experience in organizing and producing graduation booklets / printing documentation
- Experience in organizing and delivering mini exhibitions
- Experience in organizing events at regional level in resources constraint environment
- The combination of the team must have a representation from Assosa town / surrounding area
A. SUPPLIER INFORMATION
Please provide the following information:
1. Company Name.
3. Phone and fax.
4. Contact person with email.
B. PRICING - Prices must be expressed in ETB
C. CONDITIONS OF TENDER
- Cuso International reserves the right to deal with any tender of its choice or any or all parts of the tender and to purchase items from various tenders.
- Cuso International is not bound to accept the lowest offer or any offer.
- This request for tender is not a contract or an offer into a contract but is a request for a quotation for the goods/services indicated in this document. However, a contract will be established based on the tender decision.
- Respondents are bound by their offer for a period of 10 days as from the closing date of bids.
- Cuso International reserves the right to alter the dates of the tender timetable.
- Cuso International will inform each respondent to the tender of the decision on their offer through a letter of engagement if successful, or otherwise by email.
- Cuso International is not obliged to justify or explain selection to any respondent. Respondents are encouraged to contact Cuso International for any information required to submit a competitive bid.
D. Tenders submitted must be accompanied with:
- Renewed business license for the year 2014 E.C. VAT | TIN registration certificate
- Company profile
- Evidence of past performance record on similar works and other relevant credentials
Tenders must be submitted in four (4) sealed envelopes, bearing the bidder’s official seal, and clearly marked TECHNICAL and FINANCIAL “Original” and “Copy”, and must include the bidders’ name, and contact address, as well as the Tender title and Tender Reference number.
Tenders must be submitted in the bid box prepared for this purpose at Cuso International, Ethiopia Country Office on October 17 before 2:00 P.M (Local time)
Cuso International Ethiopian CO Committee will open the bid on October 18 morning and will notify the result at its own discretion.