Cuso International Ethiopia: CALL FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICE FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF IPSAS
CALL FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICE FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF IPSAS
1. REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP) OVERVIEW
- RFP No: T-CI-ET-2022-014
- RFP Title: Implementation of IPSAS
- RFP Issued By: Cuso International - Ethiopia Office
- Issuance Date: July 26, 2022
- Proposal Submission Date: August 08, 2022
- Language of the proposal: The technical and financial proposals must be submitted in English.
- Instructions for Submission of Proposals: All proposals should be submitted to the Cuso International Country Program office in Ethiopia via the following address:
Cuso International Ethiopia Country Program Office, H & M Building, 7th Floor (Around 22 Mazoria, In Front of Blue Bird Hotel), Yeka S.C, Woreda. 08, H# New map No.D.03/2580/01/3585 Addis Ababa I Tel # 011 6 590698
Awards: It is anticipated that there will be one award. Issuance of this Request for Proposals does not constitute an award commitment on the part of Cuso International nor does it commit Cuso International to pay for costs incurred in the preparation and submission of a proposal.
2.TERMS OF REFERENCE
Cuso International is a Canadian non-profit development organization that has been working for the last 60 years to reduce poverty and inequality around the world. Currently, Cuso International is implementing two programs in Ethiopia.
Promoting Greater Access to University for GIRLS ("UGIRLS-2") project aims to increase access to higher education for high school girls in Ethiopia by applying a holistic, multi-sectoral approach to empower girls and young women through quality education. The project targets seven secondary schools in Benishangul-Gumuz Regional State (BSG) and will support poor high school girls and high school girls with special needs. This initiative is the result of an intensive participatory design process led by Cuso International with its technical partner, the International Institute of Education (IIE), and local partners, including the Bureau of Education, Bureau of Finance and Economic Development.
Sharing Canadian Expertise for Inclusive Development and Gender Equality (SHARE) is an initiative that aims to engage Canadian in international development and key global issues and enhance the performance of local partners to deliver more inclusive, innovative, and environmentally sustainable development initiatives that advance youth empowerment and Gender Equality (GE)
As per the "Financial Reporting proclamation" number 847/2014 and regulation number 332/2014 and Guidelines of The Accounting and Auditing Board of Ethiopia (AABE), Cuso aims do conversion its financial systems and financial management procedures into International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) by revising and updating of the existing Financial Systems
Accordingly, Cuso International invites and would like to receive Request for Proposal (RFP) from potential candidates for consultancy service for the implementation of IPSAS as per the Terms of Reference given below:
The main objectives of the assignment are:
- To support implementation of IPSAS in preparing the annual financial statements of Cuso International Ethiopia Office by providing required technical assistance, detail gap analysis, andevelopingop Roadmap for IPSAS implementation
- To provide need-based capacity building on gaps and recommending modifications in information system/ software, policy, processes and other required changes as deemed necessary.
- To work with Cuso International Ethiopian team in preparing the annual financial statements of the Cuso for FY 2021 & 2022 based on IPSAS.
General Scope of the Assignment
- Conduct Gap analysis and develop Roadmap for IPSAS implementation
- Exercise a detail diagnosis and identify gaps for IPSAS adoption.
- Analyze all relevant aspects – capacity, policies, procedures, regulatory, information system and alignment with IPSAS adoption.
- Develop comprehensive roadmap with specific actions, timeline incorporating all relevant aspects as above
- Further support Cuso in consultation external auditors and get unqualified audit opinion with regards to IPSAS conversion including standards that are not effective yet and can allow early adoption and thereafter incorporate the comments given and finalize the financial statements.
- Revise and/or develop manuals/ guidelines/ templates/ checklists as required in line with IPSAS implementation.
- Assist Cuso International Ethiopia Office in preparing IPSAS based annual financial statements for FY 19/20 and 20/21 with required opening balances/ conversions.
- Provide a need-based in-service training to our Finance Manager and Finance Officer for IPSAS adoption
- Detail diagnosis, diagnostic report including Gap Analysis
- Draft IPSAS based accounting Policies/Manuals/ Guidelines/Templates/Checklists Prepare IPSAS based draft reports
- Ongoing support and updates up to the closing of financial statements, rectifying external auditors comment and secure unqualified audit report with regards to IPSA conversion
- Closure Report with summary of activities carried out, lessons learnt and recommendations
- The consultant will make itself available (at a date to be agreed mutually with the Cuso) for a bilateral meeting to discuss on the assignment outputs, at the Cuso Office
Consultant's Qualifications and Experience
- Consulting Firm: -The consulting firm should have the following qualifications and experience to carry out the assignment:
- The consultancy service will ideally be conducted by team of professional consultants, which are expected to demonstrate strong credential in IPSAS implementation in International Non-Governmental Organization.
- The team should consist of at least one chief consultant or senior level professional expert/expert knowledge on IPSAS with minimum of 5 years of experience in the areas of audit, accounting etc. (Working on IPSAS implementation for International Non-Governmental Organization is advantageous).
- IPSAS professional qualification from the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) or similar recognized body
- At least of 10 years’ experience in the field of financial accounting and auditing of which at least 5 years in the public/private sector.
B. SUPPLIER INFORMATION
Please provide the following information:
- Company Name.
- Phone and fax.
- Contact person with email.
C. PRICING - Prices must be expressed in ETB
D. CONDITIONS OF TENDER
- Cuso International reserves the right to deal with any tender of its choice or any or all parts of the tender and to purchase items from various tenders.
- Cuso International is not bound to accept the lowest offer or any offer.
- This request for tender is not a contract or an offer into a contract but is a request for a quotation for the goods/services indicated in this document. However, a contract will be established based on the tender decision.
- Respondents are bound by their offer for a period of 60 days as from the closing date of bids.
- Cuso International is in no way responsible for any costs associated with preparing the tender response.
- Cuso International reserves the right to alter the dates of the tender timetable.
- Cuso International will inform each respondent to the tender of the decision on their offer through a letter of engagement if successful, or otherwise by email. Cuso International is not obliged to justify or explain selection to any respondent. Respondents are encouraged to contact Cuso International for any information required to submit a competitive bid.
E. Tenders submitted must be accompanied with:
- Renewed business license for the year 2014 E.C. VAT | TIN registration certificate.
- Company profile
- Evidence of past performance record on similar works and other relevant credentials
Tenders must be submitted in four (4) sealed envelopes, bearing the bidder’s official seal, and clearly marked TECHININCAL and FINANCIAL “Original” and “Copy”, and must include the bidders’ name, and contact address, as well as the Tender title and Tender Reference number.
Tenders must be submitted in the bid box prepared for this purpose at Cuso International, Ethiopia Country Office on August 08, 2022 before 2:00 P.M (Local time)
Cuso International Ethiopian CO Committee will open tender responses on August 9, 2022 at its own discretion.
Cuso International reserves the right to accept or reject this bid, in partial, or in its entirety.
Cuso International Ethiopia
ኪውሶ ኢንተርናሽል ኢትዮጵያ
|Address||H & M Building, 7th Floor (Around 22 Mazoria, In Front of Blue Bird Hotel), Yeka S.C, Woreda.08, H# New map No.D3/25.080/01/3585 Addis Ababa|