The Palladium Group – USAID CATALYZE Ethiopia MS4G Project: REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL SME CERTIFICATION ADVISORY SERVICE
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
SME CERTIFICATION ADVISORY SERVICE
CATALYZE Project: RFP No: RFP-CATALAYZE-21772-Ethiopia-2022-0311
The CATALYZE Blended Finance Mechanism is a $250 Million, 8-year contract (5-year base period, with a single 3-year option period) which uses a facilitated partnership model to craft solutions to crowd in $2 Billion in blended finance (i.e. blended concessional and commercial finance) to USAID partner countries and initiatives. CATALYZE allows USAID Bureaus and Missions to efficiently deploy investment facilitation solutions that respond to the needs of specific sectors, issues, and geographies. Initial programs focus on education finance to implement sustainable education business models serving low-income communities, and achievement of the W-GDP objectives, but the mechanism can be applied to any development challenge or region.
USAID CATALYZE Ethiopia: MS4G is designed to benefit the Ethiopian people, build community resilience, and strengthen rural-urban linkages in the areas of food security, Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH). MS4G invests in developing relationships with private sector players, co-investing in inclusive business models, advisory services, digital solutions, and market-based initiatives that increase the resilience and sustainability of Ethiopian enterprises and employment for women and youth. The project supports activities in Addis Ababa and the secondary cities of Ethiopia.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact —the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with corporations, governments, foundations, investors, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental, and financial benefits.
The purpose of the RFP is to select multiple certification advisory service providers to support 8 SMEs in the food security and WASH sectors in Ethiopia to obtain product quality and safety certifications
MS4G seeks to assist high-growth potential SMEs in the food security and WASH sectors obtain certifications through procuring certification advisory service providers on a pay-for-results basis to assist enterprises to obtain relevant and applicable certifications. The certification advisory service provider will identify the required certifications, assess the enterprises’ readiness through undertaking a gap analysis, develop an implementation plan and assist firms with implementation.
Selected certification advisory service providers will be responsible for the four activities described below.
- Identify businesses. Each certification service advisory must identify at least 4 growth- oriented enterprises to support in the Food Security and WASH sectors from its own network or the MS4G ecosystem
- Firm-specific Diagnostic. Conduct a gap analysis between the requirements for each certification and the current practices of the enterprise. For example, for the ISO 9001 certification, check the enterprises’ quality management system and compare with the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard to determine the gap in practices.
- Based on the diagnostic, submit a proposal for services to be rendered. The firm must approve the proposed changes required to achieve the certification. The certification advisory service provider must recommend the strategy, work plan, and timeline to achieve such objectives. The technical support must produce attainment of the certification.
- Certification. Ensure the attainment of the certification and ensure the appropriate procedures and controls are in place to for the audit and are working effectively in accordance with the requirements of the certification.
Important notes for interested bidders:
RFP was released on June 17, 2022 on CATALYZE website, interested bidders can access the RFP by clicking the link below:
Attachments can be found by visiting the CATLAYZE procurement website the Current Opportunities – My CMS (catalyze-procurement.com)
1) Questions Deadline: Bidders can submit their question/s electronically to: EthiopiaMS4G.email@example.com till June 22,2022 till 2:00 PM East Africa Time or Nairobi time (UTC +3). Late questions will not be accepted and entertained.
2) Virtual bidders conference: June 23,2022 at 2:00-3:00AM, Nairobi time (UTC +3)
3) Submission: The technical and financial proposals can be submitted in one for the following ways
Emailing through firstname.lastname@example.org, with the RFP number “RFP-CATALAYZE-21772-Ethiopia-2022-0311” in the subject lines. Electronic submissions must be made in two separate emails, one for technical proposal submission and one for financial proposal.
Technical and Financial proposals must be in sealed in two separate envelopes and submitted to our office located at Africa Avenue, Noah Plaza First Floor, Next to Boston Day Spa. Mark envelopes with the RFP number “RFP-CATALAYZE-21772-Ethiopia-2022-0311” and offeror’s name.
4) Closing Date and Time: July 01,2022 at 11:59 PM, East Africa Time Late bid submission will not be considered.
5) The company has the right to cancel the bid fully or partially.