Cuso International Ethiopia: REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP) FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICE ON SCHOOL GENDER CLUBS ORGANIZATION, LEADERSHIP, AND FUNCTIONS
INVITATION TO TENDER FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICE
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP) OVERVIEW
- RFP No: T-CI – ET – 2022 -02
- RFP Title: School Gender Clubs Organization, Leadership, and Functions
- RFP Issued By: Cuso International Country Program Office in Ethiopia
- Issuance Date: January 14, 2022
- Proposal Submission Date: January 24, 2022
- Language of the proposal: The technical and financial proposals must be submitted in English.
Instructions for Submission of Proposals: All proposals should be submitted to the Cuso International Country Program Office in Ethiopia via the following address:
Cuso International Ethiopia Country Program Office,H & M Building, 7th Floor (Around 22 Mazoria, In Front of Blue Bird Hotel), Yeka S.C, Woreda. 08, H# New map No.D.03/2580/01/3585Addis Ababa I Tel # 011 6 590698
It is anticipated that there will be one award. Issuance of this Request for Proposals does not constitute an award commitment on the part of Cuso International nor does it commit
Cuso International to pay for costs incurred in the preparation and submission of a proposal.
2. TERMS OF REFERENCE
Cuso International is a Canadian international development organization with the mandate of contributing to reducing poverty and social inequalities through the support of highly qualified volunteers, partnership with local and international organizations as well as assistance from generous doners. Our vision is that of a world where everyone reaches out to their full potential, developing their skills and participating in bridging about a more just society. Working for the past 60 years, our efforts are focused on building inclusive societies for women and girls, improving economic opportunities, increasing access to education and enhancing maternal and girls’ health. By connecting global communities in need with the skills required to create lasting change, our impact continues to grow long after a project’s end.
Partnering with the Institute of International Education (IIE), Cuso International has been implementing a project called Promoting Greater Access to University for GIRLS ("U-GIRLS-2"). This project is funded by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs of Canada (GAC). U-GIRLS2 project aims to increase access to higher education for high school girls in Ethiopia by applying a holistic, multi-sectoral approach to empower girls and young women through quality education. The project targets seven secondary schools in Benishangul-Gumuz Regional State (BSG) and will support economically disadvantaged high school girls and high school girls with special needs. U-GIRLS-2 project works to address existing gender barriers that impede girls' ability to stay in school. Hence, the adolescent girls will receive academic resources, training and tutorials, and a financial stipend to allow them to focus on schoolwork. Supports will also be provided to teachers and schools in providing gender sensitive education system and school. To this end, the project target schools’ teachers, leaderships and students receive various gender sensitization trainings.
U-GIRLS 2 Project schools are located as follows.
Assosa Town Administration
1. Assosa Preparatory and Secondary School, located in Assosa Town.
2. Gemeharo Preparatory and Secondary School, located in Assosa Town.
3. Nebar Kemishiga Preparatory and Secondary School, located in Assosa Woreda
4. Bambasi Preparatory and Secondary School, located in Bambasi Woreda,
5. Ewket Fana Preparatory and Secondary School, located in Bambasi Woreda
6. Mengie Preparatory and Secondary School. Located in Mengie Woreda
Mao – Komo Special Woreda
7. Tongo Preparatory and Secondary School, located in Tongo, Mao Komo Special Woreda
Objective of this assignment
Ministry of Education - Women, Children and Youth Affairs Directorate has introduced a Guidelines for Gender Clubs Organization, Leadership and Functions for Primary and Secondary Schools which was published in January 2019.
The objective of the assignment is to assess the capacity of the project target schools towards implementing the set guidelines for Gender Clubs organization, leadership, and functions. Based on the findings of the capacity assessment, in turn, to improve the implementation of gender responsive education services which are relevant to the project target schools. Furthermore, build firsthand knowledge on the whole process to be used as a template for duplication by other stakeholders within Benishangul Gumuz Regional State and beyond.
Scope of Work
Based on the Guidelines for Gender Clubs Organization, Leadership and Functions for Primary and Secondary Schools, the consultant is expected to
- Consult all stakeholders in the project target schools as well as the relevant regional and woreda sector offices to conduct KAP assessment in gender responsive education programs
- Conduct capacity assessment in areas of
- Governance capacity
- management practices capacity
- personnel capacity
- planning, monitoring and evaluation capacity
- organizational learning capacity, and
- external relationship and partnership capacity to implement gender responsive education program
- Based on the findings of the assessment help the target school to prepare plan for strengthening their respective gender clubs
- Conduct a validation workshop on the findings of the assessment with the relevant stakeholders
- Based on the findings of the assessment, conduct a symposium to share best practices among different schools
The consultant is expected to deliver the following outputs
- capacity assessment plans and tools
- report of capacity assessment
- copies of target schools gender clubs strengthening plan
- plan and facilitate a validation workshop for the stakeholders (participants and venue related costs will be covered by Cuso International)
- report of the validation workshop’s outcomes
- a revised capacity assessment report after the validation workshop
- prepare a symposium plan to share best practices among different schools
- facilitate the symposium and prepare a report on the symposium (participants and venue related costs will be covered by Cuso International)
- prepare a communication material about the whole process (max page of 8 pages), including pictures
Capacity assessment design, knowledge and experience in the gender related intervention in the education sector, and expertise in working with similar assignments with prove track record
Financial proposal and payment schedules, in line with the government tax regulations
A. SUPPLIER INFORMATION
Please provide the following information:
1. Company Name.
3. Phone and fax.
4. Contact person with email.
B. LEAD AND DELIVERY DETAILS
Terms of reference for execution will be negotiated with the successful consultant with details of lead times and schedule
C. CONDITIONS OF TENDER
- Cuso International reserves the right to deal with any consultant of its choice
- Cuso International is not bound to accept the lowest offer or any offer.
- Respondents are bound by their offer for a period of 60 days as from the closing date of bids.
- Cuso International reserves the right to alter the dates of the tender timetable.
- Cuso International will inform each respondent to the tender of the decision on their offer through a letter of engagement if successful, or otherwise by email. Cuso International is not obliged to justify or explain selection to any respondent. Respondents are encouraged to contact Cuso International for any information required to submit a competitive bid.
D. Tenders submitted must be accompanied with:
- Renewed business license for the year 2014 E.C. VAT | TIN registration certificate.
- Company profile
- Evidence of past performance record on similar works and other relevant credentials
- Completely filled consultancy service Price Schedule
- Statement of Declaration in compliance to Cuso International Policies
Tenders must be submitted in four (4) sealed envelopes, bearing the bidder’s official seal, and clearly marked TECHININCAL and FINANCIAL “Original” and “Copy”, and must include the bidders’ name, and contact address, as well as the Tender title and Tender Reference number.
Tenders must be submitted in the bid box prepared for this purpose at Cuso International, Ethiopia Country Office on January 24, 2022, before 3:00 P.M (Local time)
Cuso International Ethiopian CO Committee will open tender responses on January 26 at 2:00 PM.
Cuso International reserves the right to accept or reject this bid, in partial, or in its entirety.