Addis Dallas Industries PLC (ADI) has issued a Request for Tenders for an Education Expert to Establish a Dual Education Structure for Skill Development Training in an Ethiopian Biscuit and Flour Factory.
Request for Tenders for Education Expert to Establish a Dual Education Structure for
Skill Development Training in a Biscuit and Flour Factory in Ethiopia
Addis Dallas Industries PLC (ADI) has floated a tender under a development project for establishing a dual education structure for skill development training in its factory. The project location is Ethiopia, and the tender is closing on 30 November 2021. The tender notice number is 0001, while the TOT Ref Number is 0001. Bidders can have further information about the tender and can request the complete tender document by Registering on the site.
Title: Request for Tenders for Education Experts to Establish a Dual Education Structure for Skill Development Training in a Biscuit and Flour Factory in Ethiopia
Deadline: 30- November 2021
Purchaser: Addis Dallas Industries PLC.
Attn:Bekure Zeleke(General Manager), Oromia Regional State Arsi Zone, Awash, Melkasa City
Phone : +25109000000 / +251011000000
Email : email@example.com
TOT Ref No.: 8337442
Document Ref. No.: 1
Financier : Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Tenders are invited for a food industry education expert to establish a dual education structure for the skill development of workers and employees under a development project.
Summary: Under a partnership development project between GIZ and Addis Dallas Industries PLC in Ethiopia, a highly qualified education expert company is needed who will be responsible for establishing a dual education structure and conducting necessary capacity-building training for the relevant management.
Addis Dallas Industries PLC is a privately owned company established in 2013 by Wzo Meskerem Belachew Belihu who is also the major shareholder of the company. It is a biscuit and flour factory, located in Awash Melkassa, Dodota wereda, Arsi Zone, Oromia. ADI produces and sells various types of biscuits and processed flour to end consumers. It produces biscuits in 8 flavors (Uta Mango, Uta Vanilla, Uta Cracker, Uta Cinnamon, Tady Chocolate, Tady Orange, Tady Strawberry, and AD marie). The existing production line of ADI has the capacity to produce 3000 cartons per day, each carton containing 60 packets. These products are widely popular in the local market. Currently, ADI is exporting its products to Somalia and Djibouti with the target to enter the European market. In order to meet the growing demand, ADI intends to continuously increase its capacity in the long term and potentially serve the international market, as well. Hence, through this project, it aims to implement international standards to ensure the acceptability and maximum safety of their products all around the world.
Planned Development Project’s Background:
The food processing sector of Ethiopia employs nearly 1 million people which accounts for around 2% of the total economically active population of this country. This industry has huge potential for further development in both the local and international markets. But this growth is being hindered by inadequate food safety measures and an unskilled workforce. Only around 20% of local food manufacturers including Addis Dallas Industries PLC implement national food safety standards in their production due to a lack of proper awareness, guidance, and maintenance. This led to a great number of food poisoning, adulteration, and other foodborne diseases for consumers. Also, the unskilled manpower and lack of proper knowledge regarding food processing, storage, hygiene and safety measures are slowing down the growth of the industry. To address these challenges, Addis Dallas Industries PLC will implement international food safety, quality, and testing standards at its factory and laboratory as well as build a dual education structure for the skill development of low and mid-managers, and workers.
Project partner background:
The above-mentioned project is being implemented with the cooperation with Deutsche
Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH or GIZ, a German development agency. It also works with the private sector and other national and international government organizations on a public benefit basis. In its activities, GIZ seeks to follow the paradigm of sustainable development, which aims at economic development through social inclusion and environmental protection. GIZ offers consulting and capacity-building services in a wide range of areas, including management consulting, rural development, sustainable infrastructure, security and peacebuilding, social development, governance and democracy, environment and climate change, and economic development and employment.
Key Project Responsibilities:
- Designing the food industry-based skill development training curriculum and materials on the following courses (each course will have a duration of 3 months including practical training and theoretical classes):
- Production Manager
- Technical Manager
- Packaging and Finishing
- Machine Operator, and
- Lab Technician
2 Conducting a 1 week-long Training of Trainers (ToT) session on the developed curriculum and materials for relevant management.
- At least 10 years of experience in curriculum/material development for industry-based skill development training, preferably for the food manufacturing and processing industry (please attach the proof of experience)
- At least 10 years of experience in conducting industrial skill development training, preferably for the food manufacturing and processing industry (please attach the details)
- Experience in biscuit and flour factories/ food processing industries is a plus (please attach the details of proof of experience/ details completed projects)
- Experience in working in African sustainable projects is a plus (please attach the details of completed projects, if any)
- Working experience with either GIZ or DEG will be considered a huge advantage (please attach the details of completed projects if any)
Request for Quotation:
- Please attach a formal quotation with the tender with the detailed cost.
- Please attach your past experience on similar training activities (preferably in the food manufacturing and processing sector)
- Please attach how your experience and expertise will bring positivity, efficiency, and productivity to the above-mentioned project activities.