Addis Dallas Industries PLC: Request for Proposal for Compliance Expert for Establishing FSSC 22000 and ISO 17025 in an Ethiopian Biscuit and Flour Factory
Request for Proposal for Compliance Expert for Establishing FSSC 22000 and ISO 17025
in an Ethiopian Biscuit and Flour Factory
Addis Dallas Industries PLC (ADI) has floated a tender under a development project for establishing international food safety and quality standards as per FSSC 22000, and upgrade ADI’s laboratory facilities as per ISO 17025 to reach international requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories. The project location is Ethiopia, and the tender is closing on 17 November 2021. The tender notice number is 0003, while the TOT Ref Number is 0003. Bidders can have further information about the tender and can request the complete tender document by Registering on the site.
- Country: Ethiopia
- Title: Request for Proposal for Compliance Expert for Establishing FSSC 22000 and ISO 17025 in an Ethiopian Biscuit and Flour Factory.
- Deadline: 30 November 2021
- Purchaser's Detail
- Purchaser: Addis Dallas Industries PLC.
- Attn: Bekure Zeleke(General Manager), Oromia Regional State Arsi Zone, Awash, Melkasa City
- Phone : +25109000000 / +251011000000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TOT Ref No.: 8337442
- Document Ref. No
- Competition: ICB
- Financier :Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Tender Details
Tenders are invited for a compliance expert for establishing FSSC 22000 and ISO 17025 standards in a food-producing factory under a development project.
Summary: Under a partnership development project between GIZ and Addis Dallas Industries PLC (ADI) in Ethiopia, a highly qualified compliance expert company is needed to establish international food safety and quality standards at ADI as per FSSC 22000, and upgrade ADI’s laboratory facilities as per ISO 17025 to reach international requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
The incumbent is expected to help the factory’s management personnel in order to upgrade the existing scenario according to the relevant standards of FSSC 22000 and ISO 17025. The expert will ensure the factory is suitable for performing international third-party audits and receive certifications upon completing successfully the audits.
Addis Dallas Industries PLC is a privately owned company established in 2013 by Wzo Meskerem Belachew Belhu who is also the major shareholder of the company. It is a biscuit and flour factory, located in Awash Melkassa, Dodota wereda, Arsi Zone, Oromia. ADI produces and sells varioustypes of biscuits and processed flour to end consumers. It produces biscuits in 8 flavors (Uta Mango, Uta Vanilla, Uta Cracker, Uta Cinnamon, Tady Chocolate, Tady Orange, Tady Strawberry, and AD marie). The existing production line of ADI has the capacity to produce 3000 cartons per day, each carton containing 60 packets. These products are widely popular in the local market. Currently, ADI is exporting its products to Somalia and Djibouti with the target to enter the European market. In order to meet the growing demand, ADI intends to continuously increase its capacity in the long term and potentially serve the international market, as well. Hence, this project, it aims to implement international standards to ensure the acceptability and maximum safety of their products all around the world.
Planned Development Project’s Background:
The food processing sector of Ethiopia employs nearly 1 million people which accounts for around 2% of the total economically active population of this country. This industry has huge potential for further development in both the local and international markets. But this growth is being hindered by inadequate food safety measures and an unskilled workforce. Only around 20% of local food manufacturers including Addis Dallas Industries PLC implement national food safety standards in their production due to a lack of proper awareness, guidance, and maintenance. This led to a great number of food poisoning, adulteration, and other foodborne diseases for consumers. Also, the unskilled manpower and lack of proper knowledge regarding food processing, storage, hygiene and safety measures are slowing down the growth of the industry. To address these challenges, Addis Dallas Industries PLC will implement international food safety, quality, and testing standards at its factory and laboratory as well as build a dual education structure for the skill development of low and mid-managers, and workers.
Project partner background:
The above-mentioned project is being implemented with the cooperation with Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH or GIZ, a German development agency. It also works with the private sector and other national and international government organizations on a public benefit basis. In its activities, GIZ seeks to follow the paradigm of sustainable development, which aims at economic development through social inclusion and environmental protection. GIZ offers consulting and capacity-building services in a wide range of areas, including management consulting, rural development, sustainable infrastructure, security and peacebuilding, social development, governance and democracy, environment and climate change, and economic development and employment.
Key Project Responsibilities:
- Perform baseline assessment at the factory based on FSSC 22000 and ISO 17025 standards.
- Based on the baseline assessments, provide Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) for both standards detailing how to correct the found non-conformities at the factory.
- Conduct biannual CAP follow-up visits to ensure the correct implementation of the CAPs.
- Provide on-site coaching to the responsible management personnel on how to implement the CAPs. Conduct a total of 4 one-day long workshops for FSSC 22000 and ISO 17025 standards for building capacity among the factory personnel and other stakeholders to sustain the achieved standards.
- At least 10 years of experience in the compliance sector preferably in food safety, food quality, and laboratory standards (please attach the proof of experience)
- At least completed 10 compliance-related projects in the last 5 years is preferable (please attach the details)
- Experience in biscuit and flour factories/ food processing industries is a plus (please attach the details of proof of experience/ details completed projects)
- Experience in working in African sustainable projects is a plus (please attach the details of completed projects if any)
- Working experience with either GIZ or DEG will be considered a huge advantage (please attach the details of completed projects if any)
Request for Quotation:
- Please attach a formal quotation with the tender with the detailed cost.
- Please attach how your experience and expertise will bring positivity, efficiency, and productivity to the above-mentioned project activities.