Splash: Invitation to Bidders for School Water supply project
Invitation to Bidders for School Water supply project
Splash is a non-profit organization that designs child-focused water, sanitation, hygiene (WASH), and menstrual health solutions with governments in some of the world’s largest low-resource cities. Splash improves WASH infrastructure in schools through the installation of water filtration systems, water storage, and child-friendly drinking and handwashing stations. We engage school leaders, parents, teachers, janitors, and student hygiene clubs to promote healthy WASH behaviors and strengthen school-based menstrual health services. We are focused on reaching 100% of government schools in two major cities: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and Kolkata, India. In 2022, Splash will commence implementation of Project WISE (WASH in Schools for Everyone) in all government primary and secondary schools in Bahir Dar, Ethiopia.
We are seeking a partner to implement the infrastructure components of our intervention, including conducting technical walk throughs; design and installation of water storage, lying of pipe networking, installation of splash’s product (i.e., filtration systems, handwashing, and drinking water stations).
SCOPE of the WORKS
The selected organization will be responsible for implementing all Project WISE infrastructure activities (design and installation of water storage, piping network, water filtration with pumps, handwashing, and drinking station) in approximately 56 public schools serving 80,000 students and 4000 staff members in Bahir Dar. See Annex: Project WISE School Intervention Phases and our website for more information. This scope of work is to be completed by June 2023.
Invitation to DB-Design Build Contractor
The duties of DB-Contractor will include but not limited to
- Conducting technical walkthrough all the 56 schools and collecting population data, topographic data, water availability data, existing tanker, water meter diameter data and soil characteristic data
- Conducting Hydraulics Modeling on basis of Splash Standard
- Design of Water supply Layout, where the layout clearly delineated the school boundary, school facilities, and water supply network.
- construction of drinking & handwash station support structure, tanker seat structure, Valve Chamber, pipe laying, and Pump House
- Adopt and use Splash Standard designs like Tanker seat structure, station support structure, pump house, and any other useful drawings deemed as necessary.
- Preparation of Specification & Bill of Quantity
Direct implantation of the above water supply products like storage, stations and filtration system, civil works for platform Deliverables & Expected Outcomes
- Completion of all Project WISE infrastructure activities in participating schools
- Bi-weekly written progress updates, including collation of key output data
- Final written report summarizing successes, challenges, and lessons learned
Duration of Work
On basis of the datasheet, the commencement of the project from July 2022 to June 2023 GC
The Splash International, Ethiopia Office has secured a budget from different donors to implement School Water Supply & Sanitation Projects on different schools located in Addis Ababa & Bahir Dar. Bidding is open to all eligible bidders having a DB-Contractors GC/WWC-5 and above renewed for 2014 EC and those currently registered with the Ministry of Works and Urban Development, Ministry of Water Resources, registration for VAT and Tax Identification Number (TIN) together with a written application.
The Splash International Ethiopia, acting as executing organization for the Project, invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Construction of the above civil work deliverables.
Bidding documents and additional copies may be found via email through Addis.Infra@splash.org or at the office of Splash International, Country Office in Ethiopia, Addis Ababa, ETHIOPIA (Tel. +251- 911315573. CMC Road Floor 4 Room No.401), Palm Building.
Bids shall be valid for a period of ninety (90) days after Bid opening and must be accompanied by a Bid Security of not less than (1%) of the Contract price in the form of Bank Guarantee or CPO to Splash international and shall be delivered in the bid box along with technical & Financial proposals to Splash International, CMC Road, palm building 4th-floor room No.401, on or before 21st of January, 2022, at 11:30 AM which is bid closing date and will be opened on the same day -2:30PM at the presence of the bidders who wish to attend at Splash International Office.
Splash International Reserves the right to reject any or all bids.